COVID-19 Update from
This page will be updated regularly with relevant information for resort guests.
COVID 19 Update for guests
August 2020 as per the state of Wisconsin mandate, guests are required to wear masks in the lodge lobby.
Dillman’s Bay Resort and Dillman’s Art Workshop Retreat has been deemed an essential business in the state of Wisconsin and has been open for business since May 9, 2020. We are committed to monitoring the COVID-19 virus very closely and keeping up to date with the everchanging news. The health and safety of our staff and guests will remain our highest priority now and always, and we will continue to adjust and evaluate processes and protocols as needed.
We will be following protocols and suggestions put in place from the national, state, and regional health authorities as well as from various hotel and hospitality associations worldwide.
As you plan your trip and make your way to our paradise in the Northwoods, please review the procedures below that we are implementing to assist with your comfort and safety this season.
Cleaning Procedures at the Dillman’s Bay Resort
- Between guests all cabin windows will be left open to allow the cabins and units to air out.
- UV light sanitizing technology will be used in each cabin and unit, illuminating the space for the required amount of time depending on square footage.
- Hard surface sanitizing spray will be applied to all counters, tables, hardwood furniture, cabinets, doors, showers, tubs and touch points.
- Beds will be made freshly dressed with cloth pillow protectors, cloth mattress pads, sheets and blankets. We are removing our top of bed quilts and decorative pillows this season. If you prefer to bring your own blankets, sheets and pillows, please do and please let us know ahead of your arrival and please do not forget to pack all of your items back in your vehicle upon departure.
- We will provide fresh bath and hand towels, washcloths and bath mats.
- At the end of your stay, please place all sheets and pillow cases in one pile, and all bath and kitchen towels in a separate pile. Please leave mattress pads, pillow protectors and blankets on the bed as these get washed separately.
- Check-ins will be NO EARLIER than 3pm. For check-ins during regular hours (up until 5pm), we will either leave an envelope under your mat in front of your unit or taped to the door, to help avoid your need to come to the main lodge. If you have not been to our resort before, please do stop by the main lodge for a map and quick directions. If your check-in is after hours (past 5pm) an envelope for you will be taped to the front door of the main lodge. We will provide you with a complimentary 4oz bottle of hand sanitizer that has been produced locally by Northern Waters Distillery, in accordance with a recipe provided by the FDA. We ask that you bring additional hand sanitizer with you, and wash your hands frequently throughout your stay.
- Please place all of your trash and recycling in the Advance Disposal containers by the Round House prior to your departure. If you need additional garbage bags, please stop by the front desk or ask housekeeping.
Around the Resort Changes
- We ask that you arrive to the resort with your own protective facemasks and have them available to wear if needed when other guests outside your main party are present in the common areas such as the main lodge, gift shop and laundry room.
- We ask that you be respectful and maintain a social distance of at least six feet from other guests and staff that are not part of your immediate group.
- The main lodge will be open at 8am daily. A limit of eight people will be allowed in the main lodge at any one time (individuals or common groups). The lodge doors will be locked for a short period of time each evening for cleaning and sanitizing the main lodge and common spaces.
- Coffee service will not be offered this season in the main lodge. Each unit has a coffee maker and filters. We ask that you bring your own supplies.
- Our Round House game room is currently closed due to space and the need for very frequent cleaning. There will be board games that you may access in the main lodge during regular hours.
- The resort gift shop located in the main lodge will be open by request from 8am – 5pm each day. Due to the size, we will allow only one family group at a time to be in the gift shop.
- The sports equipment and playground will be available. We will be sanitizing the equipment each morning and throughout the day. Please return the equipment to where you first found it. The sanitizing sprayers will be located near the equipment as well. Please ask if you need assistance.
- Our three beach areas will be open, with six-foot social distance required between groups. We will be sanitizing the chairs, loungers, boats and paddles each morning and throughout the day. The sanitizing sprayers will be located near the beaches as well.
We have all experienced unprecedented changes to our daily lives. We thank you for your patience and understanding as work hard to provide a comfortable and safe environment for you, your friends and your family.
With your support, assistance, respect and kindness, we know that Dillman’s will “weather this storm” and be here for you now and in the months and years ahead.
We look forward to your joining us in northern Wisconsin very soon.
Sue, Denny, Steph, Todd, Scott and James
April 10, 2020 -
Dear Family and Friends,
We hope you are all well, and staying healthy, safe and sane during these most unsettling times. We understand that we are all experiencing a wide range of emotions to varying degrees, due to the widespread COVID-19 Pandemic, as we find ourselves adhering to the social distancing guidelines and general quarantine. Many of our usual activities have been curtailed, and we all must find new and positive routines to maintain as much of a sense of normalcy as possible.
We are sure many, if not all, of you are aware, Wisconsin has issued a “safer-at-home” order which will remain in effect until 8 AM on April 24, 2020. There is currently no indication as to whether this order will be lifted, modified or extended; however, we are working hard to put our own policies in place for the upcoming season. We are taking extra precautions, as we have a further level of concern as we are located on a Native American Indian reservation and are particularly sensitive and considerate to the indigenous tribes with whom we share land.
As we determine the best course of action over the months ahead, all decisions will be based on protecting the health and safety of our guests and staff. The situation with COVID-19 is fluid, and changing daily. Here are some of our first steps of action we are taking, and we will continue to expand with additional news and resources available.
- As of April 10, Dillman's Bay Resort will open for business as scheduled on May 14, 2020. (If any emergency orders are still in effect at that time, we will address accordingly and inform all of our guests as far in advance as possible of any changes.)
- Sanitation guidelines suggested by the CDC and the WHO will be implemented throughout the property, to ensure a clean, disinfected and relaxing environment for all our guests.
- At this time, and unless protocols change prior to May 14, once we open the resort, we will maintain the guideline for social distancing, and ask our guests and staff to maintain a six-foot distance from one another. Our check in process will be remote (ie: keys under mats).
Dillman's has been a family tradition since 1935 and has weathered many a storm.
We plan to weather this one as well, and look forward to welcoming you all soon to the
beautiful northwoods of Wisconsin where you may relax and rest on our open-air peninsula
and pristine White Sand Lake.
With our sincere love and gratitude,
Sue, Denny, Steph, Todd, Scott and James.